To ensure that all applicants have a thorough knowledge of our employment requirements before the application process begins; only individuals who comply with our employment policy will be hired by NCS. It is our underlying policy to screen officers for drug/alcohol and any other chemical dependence and use.
National Capital Security is serious about maintaining high standards for each of our Security Officers. Our clients depend on it!
Security Employment Qualifications
To be eligible for employment, each applicant must meet the following requirements:
- High school graduate/Equivalent.
- No criminal convictions.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Be in good physical condition.
- English must be their primary speaking language.
- Supervisors must have at least two (2) years of Guard service experience.
- Must present a good appearance and professional bearing.
- Must possess the capacity to acquire a good working knowledge of all aspects of contract Guard service.
- Demonstrative of sound judgment and temperament.
- Must be DCJS Certified or eligible to become DCJS certified
To obtain a clear picture of the applicant’s work history, the application will be thoroughly checked for gaps in employment, inconsistencies, and channeled through the essential reference framework.
Each candidate will be personally interviewed by our Management team. This process provides three levels of candidate review and will ensure that the officers assigned to our clients have the attributes and qualities necessary to provide a consistent and professional level of service.
NCS will attempt to obtain both telephonic and written references from the applicant’s employers of the previous five years. Gaps of over 90 days will be accounted for and documented. Should an applicant not have been in the workforce for the preceding five years, references from educational institutions attended during this time frame may be substituted.
Applicants will be required to complete and pass a drug test. NCS receives the results of the testing verbally the same day and if needed, a written certification can be obtained within 72 hours. NCS is committed to a drug-free workplace and employs a random drug testing policy.
All officers may be required to pass a physical. They must be in good health and without physical defects or abnormalities, which would interfere with performing their duties.
Follow to our current company job openingsGo